RedEdge simultaneously captures five discrete spectral bands, enabling the creation of tailored indices for customized applications.
Global shutter design creates distortion-free images on every platform.
A variety of interface options including stand-alone mode, serial, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi, give RedEdge integrators expanded flexibility.
RedEdge's Downwelling Light Sensor (DLS) enables measurement of ambient light conditions during flight for more accurate data in varying light conditions.
Get the most of data captured with RedEdge using ATLAS, MicaSense's cloud-based data processing and analytics platform.
With flexible interfaces including Ethernet, serial, and PWM/GPIO trigger, RedEdge is ready for tight integration with any drone.
MicaSense RedEdge is an advanced multispectral camera specially designed for small unmanned aircraft systems.
It provides accurate multiband data for agricultural remote sensing.
RedEdge is powered by MicaSense, Inc., a team of datacollection leaders with decades of expertise in a variety of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) applications.
MicaSense is redefining remote sensing technology and pioneering a new way to harvest information.
- Simultaneous capture of five discrete spectral bands
- Narrowband optical filters provide full imager resolution for each band
- Fast capture rate enables faster flight speeds and lower flight altitudes
- Global shutter design for distortion-free results on every platform
- Single SD card stores all images with geotags
- Calibrated for precise, repeatable measurements
- Rugged design with no moving parts
- Standalone operation, with optional external trigger and data from host aircraft
- Intuitive web-based interface accessed from any Wi-Fi capable device
- Option for Ethernet or serial connectivity with host aircraft for full configuration, status, and control of the camera
- Weight: 150 g
- Dimensions: 12.1 cm x 6.6 cm x 4.6 cm
- External Power: 5.0 V DC, 4 W nominal
- Spectral Bands: Blue, green, red, red edge, near IR (narrowband)
- Ground Sample Distance: 8 cm per pixel (per band) at 120m AGL
- Capture Rate: 1 capture per second (all bands), 12-bit RAW
- Interface: Serial, Ethernet, GPS
- Field of View: 47.2 º HFOV